background

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Bonham Rodeo

Saturday night we went to the Bonham rodeo with Lauren, Cody, their two kiddos – Avery and Cutter, and a couple friends from Lauren and Cody’s hometown!


We ate some Mexican food and then got to the rodeo right on time. Can I just tell you how extremely hot it was? I’m really not a person who sweats that much {TMI, I know}, but Saturday night was an exception – I could just feel the beads of sweat running down my back. Eww, I’m grossing myself out just thinking about it!


The highlight of my evening was Stella riding on a pony. She’s sat one of our horses, Cadillac, a few times, but she’s never really gotten to “ride” before. {Please note – I feel incredibly guilty that she hasn’t been “riding” yet, but we just haven’t made the time to ride lately and with the 100+ heat, it’s probably not going to be until this fall that we get back out there}. But, the joy that was all over her face solidified our next horse purchase – a pony for Stella! Blake offered to buy one of the ponies there, but apparently they weren’t for sale!







{She was waving at her "fans" with the Lane Frost wave}



We sat down in our seats {with our handy dandy newly-purchased seat cushions ;)} and watched several events. We only stayed in our seats about 30 minutes, 1. Due to the heat 2. It was getting late and I like to have Stella in bed at a semi-decent hour, even on the weekends and 3. I was uber paranoid that the back of my shirt was drenched and that people were probably staring in disgust at me!

But, one of my favorite parts of the rodeo was the Cowgirl Chicks! These girls are amazing with all the trick riding they can do. I seriously wish I would have started doing this at a younger age because it looks so FUN!



{This pic is from the RFD website, but you can get an idea of how cool these chicks are!}

{Another pic from the RFD website}


We had a great time, though, even if we did cut it a little short! I love rodeos and I love hanging with great friends!


4 comments:

  1. Great pics!! And I sure do love that little cowgirl Stella!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweeeee(; Your lil' princess/cowgirl is getting big! She's a cutie!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Stella is SO adorable!! I love the pics of her riding.And please share where you found those earrings? I HAVE to have them!

    I'm so glad I came across your blog, I am definitely a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda!! I'm not sure if you got my email, I'm still new to trying to figure out how to respond! I've enjoyed following your blog too!

      I got the earrings from a shop called LaRue close to our house, but they have a website, www.ishoplarue.com! The earrings are Sookie Sookie do you may be able to find them elsewhere! Thanks again for following!

      Delete