background

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Last Weekend

This past weekend was pretty low-key compared to the crazy weekends we've been having. We had already made plans to have Stella stay with my parents on Friday night so when mine and Blake's plans didn't end up happening my mom still wanted to keep Stella. So, Blake and I had a little date night at Texas Land and Cattle. G-Mommy and G-Daddy took Stella to Petsmart since she is such an animal-lovin' girl and she LOVED seeing all the dogs that people brought in with them and the fishies!


Saturday, Blake spent most of the day at the car dealership buying a new truck {I'll do another post with pictures!} So, I got a little "me" time because Greg and Lori came to get Stella Saturday afternoon and took her to CB's {an awesome burger place in old Greenville}. Then, we met back at Blake's grandparents house and Stella played with her cousins, Carson and Allie, and got some lovin' from Aunt Brigitte!


Saturday for supper we had "snack night." I was craving a bunch of snacks and decided, why not?! Stella still ate a healthy dinner, but for Blake and I it was stuffed jalapenos, crostini's, and buffalo chicken dip! Cream cheese may or may not have been involved in all the recipe's!


Later that evening, since Stella hadn't seen the horses in a while, we took her to the farm to love on the "boys."


Sunday after church, we had lunch with my parents and relaxed over there for a while and watched the Olympics {I seriously do not know what I'm going to do with my life after the Olympics are over...I'm going to have withdrawals!}.




We had a great weekend and I'm already ready for another!

6 comments:

  1. Love that little angel! I'm excited about seeing her Sunday! :)

    And how was that buffalo dip? It looked SO yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm looking forward to Sunday, too! And the buffalo chicken dip was awesome! I'll definitely be halving the recipe next time because it made SO much!

      Delete
  2. Is it me or does little Stella get cuter with every picture? I am having snack night tonight for our first pre-season football game. I love snack nights. What is Crostini? I am hoping you tell me its something with cream cheese, a big facvorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura! Crostini's are the BOMB! I use a loaf of french {or italian bread} from Walmart because it comes pre-sliced and then mix:

      1/2 cup of mayo
      8 oz of cream cheese (softened)
      1 pkg of dry italian seasoning
      1 cup of cheddar cheese

      Then, you spread it over the bread slices and top those with parmesan cheese! Then, you put them in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees and voila!!

      So, so yum!

      Delete
  3. I LOVED spending so much time with Stella Boo last weekend!!

    ReplyDelete