background

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Goal=Achieved

Never would I have thought I’d have a single blog post that had anything to do with a vehicle….much less two posts in ONE week!

But, in lieu of announcing this on FB and seeming obnoxious and annoying, I thought I’d just share it with my small group of blog followers because I am just so happy/excited/proud for myself, ha!

Please know that I am not one to toot my own horn or to try and draw attention to myself or my achievements, but this really did take some hard work, sacrifice, and dedication – so again, please excuse my momentary giddiness!

But…I PAID MY CAR OFF!!! In 18 months, no less! I bought my car/SUV last February (2011) when I was about 5 months pregnant with Stella. I had been driving my Camry for several years and just knew I wanted more of a “mommy” vehicle and I really wanted a cross-over. I wasn’t quite up for driving anything much bigger yet. BUT, buying a car is a huge expense and my end goal has always been to eventually work part-time or stay at home full-time with Stella...so in order to get to that place I knew I wanted to pay this vehicle off well before the full loan term. And now I’ve finally done it! YAY!!!!

{this was the only picture I could find of my vehicle - I dont really have much reason to ever take pics of it!}

9 comments:

  1. I am seriously SO proud of you guys! And motivated to pay down some more of our debt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for no car payment. Matt's car was paid for a while back and we just paid mine off about 8 months ago. It has been so nice to not have any car payments, especially since I don't make any money. Do you have any plans of staying at home with Stella soon? I'd love to have another SAHM friend. It seems like they are few and far between. So many people go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to make a transition to part-time at the beginning of the year, unless our house sells before then! I'm so excited to be able to spend more time with Stella, especially since she's getting older now. I just felt like the older she gets the more she'll need me home, so I've given myself this time to try and get things paid off, etc. I can't wait to have play dates with Pearson and Stella!

      Delete
  3. Faith, that is so wonderful, to be debit free is one of the best things we can achieve, God's word tells us not to be in bondage to the lender. It aloud's use to give more for though"s in need for the kingdom of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith, it say's from Daddy but it's uncle Hugh.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Uncle Hugh!! I wondered when my dad got a google account, ha! We are so blessed to be very close to debt-free. It's been work, but it's well worth it in the end!

      Delete
  4. Yeah! Good job! You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Great job and congrats! What a nice feeling!

    ReplyDelete