Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Whole Lotta Nothin'

I know I’ve been such a sporadic blogger lately. I’m determined to get myself on some sort of routine. But, weeks like this, there’s really just not anything fun and exciting to share.

I’ve been doing lots of this…

Which, can I just tell you these are the best little inventions ever! They smell SO good and seem to work just as well as the liquid or powder detergent. I always get annoyed on the liquid detergent where it says “32 loads.” Now, I’ve never counted, but I know I’m not getting 32 loads out of that bottle. So, this way – I am legitimately going to get 62 loads out of this pack of pods!

I’ve also been doing lots of this…
First, Blake nearly cut his finger off last week. Something about a chain link fence and then there was a trip to the emergency room and 10 stitches. I will not post pics because it totally grosses me out. But, he’s been having to bandage it up every day and make sure it doesn’t get infected. And I'm very impressed at how good he's taking care of that finger!

Then, I lost my voice over the weekend and had a really bad sore throat. I’m not one that goes to the doctor often (you’d think otherwise if you saw the amount of money going to copays these days), but I’ve tried to be better about going to the doctor now that I have a kid who I can spread germs to. I certainly don’t want to get her sick. I made an appointment first thing Tuesday morning when I just wasn’t getting better on my own. Turns out I have (and please realize I feel ridiculously dramatic just typing this out) laryngitis, bronchitis, and sinusitis. So I got my sinuses, throat, and lungs all infected!

But I also had to take Stella to the doctor on Tuesday because I had noticed a rash breaking out on her stomach, neck, and arms and when I called the nurse line they said to bring her in. The doctor thinks she was having an allergic reaction to her antibiotics that she was taking for the ear infection from last week. So, we’ve taken her off the antibiotics and we’re just going to have to sit and wait for the tubes. The doctor said there was no improvement in the ear infection and that the medicine wasn’t helping. I gave her some Benadryl for the rash and that cleared it up right away. AND she’s getting in her two top teeth, so that poor baby is in all sorts of pain. Grrr!!

I’ve been trying to take it easy this week and just recuperate! And guess who went to bed at 8:30 last night? ME!! And it felt wonderful!

On a happy note – here’s this little angel walking around with her dinosaur and playing on boxes!


  1. :( poor Faith, Blake and Stella....hope y'all are all on the mend by now!!